Holidays in Looe are popular with tourists for so many reasons, from the outstanding natural beauty on your doorstep to the great attractions and amenities nearby. But one thing that’s stands out for many who enjoy holidays in Looe is the beaches!
South East Cornwall is a region that’s blessed with many fantastic stretches of golden sandy beach, so many in fact that you’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to choosing the place to build those all-important sand castles! The south coast of Cornwall is also traditionally quieter – mainly because the waves are not as fierce or high and the surfers tend to flock to the shores of the north coast. This means the beaches are less crowded and the waters less busy, making them perfect for young families.
Holidays in Looe means holidays by the sea!
To help you decide where to spend those sunny summer days, we’ve picked out our top 5 south coast beaches, all of which are close to our Cornwall holiday park. Take a look at our highlights below…
- Talland Bay, which can be seen from our holiday park, is a must for anyone staying with us at Seaview. The bay has two sand and rock beaches that are safe for swimming and popular for rockpooling and sea fishing. Talland Bay also boasts a café at its western end and seating along the coastal path where you can soak up some pretty special views.
- Whitsand Bay is by far and away the most popular beach on Cornwall’s south coast. Holidays in Looe aren’t really complete without a visit here. This four mile stretch of sand is a great spot for walks and the views are sublime. However, this beach can be dangerous with dangerous rip currents present. Only swim when lifeguards are present!
- If striking landscapes and breathtaking backdrops are your cup of tea then visit Lantic Bay. This secluded cove is a must-visit for beach lovers and enjoys great views out towards Pencarrow Head. Dogs are allowed on here too!
- Lansallos is a rarely busy, which is great! This attractive sand and shingle beach is great for spending time soaking up the summer sun while listening to the waves gently lap against the shore…
- Downderry Beach is great if you want to stretch your legs. This large beach is the perfect place to walk your dog or go for a long walk on the sand and shingle. There’s easy access from the car park too.
For more information about holidays in Looe and what to do nearby, visit our dedicated local area pages.