Disability access at Seaview
The purpose of the following statement is to describe the accessibility of Seaview Holiday Village to help people with restricted access decide if we can cater for their needs. If there is anything not covered in this statement, or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our team on 01503 272335, we are more than happy to help.
Here’s a quick guide to accessibility at Seaview Holiday Village:
- The site is split into three areas, the top section is predominately flat and is suitable for wheelchair users, the second level has a gradually incline whilst the lower level has a steep gradient and is not suitable for wheelchair users.
- There is wheelchair friendly access to our buildings and communal areas, reception and our clubhouse has ramped access with wide doors.
- Reception is well lit with good access; our friendly team are there to help. We also have large pens and paper available along with a magnifying glass for communication purposes.
- We welcome guide dogs and have several pet’s friendly accommodation types available.
- Whilst enquires and bookings can be conducted via our website and/or email please feel free to call us directly at site to discuss specific requirements.
- We have good links with our local community supplies so we can source any “aids” requirements and have them delivered to your holiday accommodation
- Out of hours emergency assistance is available 24hrs a day.
- We have excellent bus links with low threshold access along with specifically adapted taxis on call if required.
- Whilst our accommodation is not specifically adapted we do have several units that are suitable for wheelchair access – please call site directly for guidance.
Here is a more detailed look at all areas across the park:
- We confirm all holiday bookings by mail, and we can be contacted by telephone, email and post. We accept calls through Text Direct and Type Talk services
- Our website complies with Web Accessibility initiative and all pages are built to AA (Double A) standard, complying with all priority 1 and 2 guidelines
- We can put you in touch with local suppliers for wheelchair and aid hire along with any oxygen requirements. We will take delivery and ensure it is delivered to accommodation on arrival.
- All our buildings are single storey with no lifts and very few steps.
- Bus – there is a bus stop at the entrance of our holiday park, local buses have a low threshold for access and generally ramps are provided. A timetable is available at reception with large font copy.
- Train – our nearest station is Looe (3 miles)
- Plane – our nearest airport is Newquay Cornwall Airport (32 miles)
- Taxi – a list of operators is available in reception
- There is ramped access into our reception area with wide doors. The area is well lit and plenty of room for wheelchair access
- We have magnifying glasses, large pens and paper available.
- Our friendly reception team are happy to provide/research details of local attractions that would suit your needs.
- Large font copies of timetables, menus are available
- There is one main access to the shop through reception all on one level
- The door has a wide access route
- Shelves are stacked from floor level to head height with aisles wide enough for wheelchair access
- Parking is available close to the shop
- Local supermarkets can also deliver directly to your holiday accommodation.
- This area is accessible via the sun terrace and wide door have been installed
- We have a bespoke area that is dog friendly and guide dogs are welcome
- Large font menus are available on request
- A full allergen listing is available
- Toilet access is on one level with limited access for wheelchair users
- Entertainment is available nightly
- Bingo can be played pictorial alongside our vocal game, tv monitors show the numbers being called.
- Seaview has three different levels; the upper part is predominately flat and would suit wheelchair users. Various types of accommodation are available at this level. The middle section has a slight gradient with the lower part of the part being of a steep gradient. Please call our friendly reception team for full details and discuss your requirements.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and assistance dogs are accepted in all areas
- The main roads throughout the site and public areas are surfaced with tarmac
- Key areas of the park are illuminated at night.
- There is a restricted speed limit in place on the site
- Out of hours emergency assistance is available 24 hrs a day
- Our heated indoor swimming pool is available through the season, access for wheelchair users is limited however we are happy to assist with access. The swimming pool has two lifeguards unfortunately no hoist is available.
- Looe town centre is generally located on the flat and has good access to shops, restaurants and public houses, this town is approximately 10 min drive or taxi fare away from the site.
- The nearest accessible beach is Looe three miles from the site, accessible toilets are also available at the beach front.
Whilst we do not have specifically adapted holiday accommodation several of our holiday units will allow good access. Our friendly reception team are more than happy to discuss the suitability of the accommodation and any special requirements you may have, we would suggest you call them on 01503 272335 and have a direct conversation.